Trim wick to 1/4 inch prior to lighting. First burn should be at least 3 hours, however, it is not recommended to burn a candle longer than 4 hours at a time. Place candle(s) on heat resistant and level surface. Never burn near open drafts, curtains, etc. Be thoughtful when burning near children & animals.
Bumpy or rough tops after burning is quite common with soy wax. This happens when the rate of cooling is inconsistent which is difficult to control once the candle has been lit and then extinguished. Sometimes it will dry with the rough, uneven surface and sometimes it will dry smooth as glass.
The good news is that this is a by-product of ALL-NATURAL WAX, and it does not affect the performance of the candle.
We strongly encourage you to RECYCLE your candle jars (and all your jars). After they have burned down simply put jars in the freezer over night. The wax and wick will pop out using a screw driver. Wash with hot soap and water. Tada! You have a beautiful new rocks glass, planter, pencil holder, the possibilities are endless.....